LOVE is in the Air...


Wow.  I just put away my Christmas decorations and Valentine's Day is around the corner.  One of my favorite holidays.  I indulge in the whole ritual of making handmade crafts and goodies for this lovely occasion.  Now that my daughter is older.  She can join in the fun!  I am so excited to share my very first free DIY Craft Tutorial with all of you!!!


Vintage Valentine Tee



You are in LOVE...right?  Now, let me show how easy it is to make one! :)
 
Here are the supplies you will need.


Prewashed Cotton Tee or Onesie-I purchased this pink one at Old Navy for about 5 bucks. You certainly can use any ol' tee.
Paper Heart Shaped Doilies-I used Wilton brand and purchased them in a variety of sizes.
Fabric Paint-I used TULIP Velveteen: Soft fabric paint in Red Velvet. Use any color of your liking.:) 
Sponge Paint Roller-The smaller size works best.
Small Rolling Pin-I borrowed this from my daughter's kitchen but whatever you have, will do.
Newspaper and Extra Scrap Paper-It can be a mess. You definitely will need extra paper towels too.


Let's get started.  Set your heart shaped doily right side up.  Paint evenly with small roller brush.


Place the painted side on the desired area of your garment and slightly press down.(You may want to do this part if you are doing this project with your little one. This step can be a bit tricky.) 

Take a piece of scrap paper and place over the doily.  Then roll over the with small rolling pin.  Gently lift the doily off in ONE piece.  Keep in mind, it will not be perfect.  There is no need for any panic though.  Your goal is to achieve that vintage look.


Then set your garment aside for at least 4 hours.

When completely dry, add heat (If needed. Inside out.) as directed on your fabric paint bottle to set your masterpiece.

Please Note: This Tutorial was created for Personal Use Only.  All designs are property of The Princess Rose


Volia! You now have your very own Vintage Valentine Tee!
(APPLAUSE!!!)



Adorned with handcrafted fabric flowers.  So adorable!!!






Of course this chic Valentine ensemble wouldn't be complete
without a coordinating
"Forget Me Not" Hair Fashion by The Princess Rose 

 
Feel Inspired to LOVE and Create.:)
Xo,
Lea

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Please share your creation on "The Fancy Frock" FB Page or send me a photo at theprincessrose@cox.net. Would love to see them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment